Want to develop the creativity, out of the box thinking and imagination? Encourage your child to participate in the National PTA Reflections Program 2015. All students from K to 6 are eligible to participate.
Annually, thousands of students will reflect on a common theme and create original works of art in the categories of dance choreography, film production, literature, music composition, photography and visual arts.
The theme for the 2015-2016 school year is Let Your Imagination Fly….. This theme—created by Rachel Sperry of Northwood, N.D.—was selected through the Reflections Theme Search Contest. When asked what inspired her theme, Rachel said, “I tell myself to let my imagination fly when writing and sketching.” The theme helps Rachel to explore her imagination and she hopes it will inspire others to be creative.
Please find the flyer, rules, and entry form at the bottom of this page. There are six art categories the student can choose to participate. Entry must be a new, original artwork from one student, and must be submitted to the front office by Friday, October 16, 2015.
You can find information about
- The Reflection program at: Arts in Education – National PTA
- General instructions at: http://downloads.capta.org/ref/GeneralRules.pdf
- Dance Choreography – http://downloads.capta.org/ref/DanceChoreogrphy.pdf
- Film Production – http://downloads.capta.org/ref/FilmProduction.pdf
- Literature – http://downloads.capta.org/ref/Literature.pdf
- Music Composition – http://downloads.capta.org/ref/MusicComposition.pdf
- Photography – http://downloads.capta.org/ref/Photography.pdf
- Visual Arts – http://downloads.capta.org/ref/VisualArts.pdf
- Decide which category you want to create your new artwork in (inspired by the theme).
- Pick up “Student Entry Form” from the front office, and complete it correctly.
- Follow requirements and instructions (Rules) specific to each art category.
- All artworks must be submitted to the front office by Friday, October 16, 2015.
Top five winners from each category will be chosen by local judges, and go to the next round (District Level).
Please contact Roopali Garimella (email@example.com) if you have any questions.
PTA Reflection Flyer
PTA Reflection Rules